Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Geography Sucks

I hate geography soooo much! They made google earth for a reason. The teacher's a nice enough guy in all but he just has no business teaching. I think part of it is that english isn't he's first language and I mean he can speak it really well but he just doesn't understand what he's students need. Like a cultural thing. But I mean we have a map quiz Wednesday. The study guide has six pages of 15 locations each of European cities, mountains, seas, straits, rivers. The test is going have 20 points on the map of Europe and we have to write from memory what they are.

A. We haven't talked about Europe at all. Absolutely nothing. We've spent these first three weeks talking about the introductory chapter - learning about the idea of a region and different kinds of scales on a map and how a map works. The kind of stuff that makes slam your head into your over and over again until you lose consciousness.

Second off I can't spell as I'm sure you've noticed from reading this blog. I can't even spell simple American words how am I going to spell crazy eastern European words. There is this one country in Iceland (which I know is not in eastern Europe) called Raykjavik. The hell is that!?1? I can't pronounce that. I had to look at it four times just to write correctly there.

Idk only one semester, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment