Sunday, May 16, 2010

Movie: Wall Street Money Never Sleeps



As the designated CBPA writter for these blogs and a lover of films, I feel it is my duty to highlight the return of greed incarna, Gordon Gekko. It's been 23 years (both in life and the movie world) but he's back. Now I haven't had the opportunity to read any reviews yet but something looks a little off with Douglas's portrayal this time around. Gekko seems affected by his infamy. He is no longer a heartless, cruelly real character and more of a legend; a legend of heartless acts to be sure, but separated from reality now. In that disconnect he loses his ability to harm us. Like the boogie man, we fear him, but we do so laughingly.

But, to be fair, I am basing this entirely off the trailer, which, as Avatar proved, can not always be a good representation. I suggest you go out and see, and we'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment