Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 4 Uganda

Okay it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to post any of the pictures until I get back but I will be able to post a little hopefully from time to time. It's been pretty crazy here. Some times I kind of forget I'm out of country and then you see a neighborhood of people in shacks with metal siding for roofs or a line of barb wire or broken class on guard walls.

We went to a market today. Dear God! There are over a thousand shops arranged in this endlessly intricate laborith of dank filth selling absolutely every second-hand thing you could imagine. Shoes! Thousands and thousands of shoes, shirts, underwear, wallets, cellphones. The people have to stay at the shop (which is maybe 5 ft by 6 ft) all day from 6 am to 7 at night. They have their kids there, they eat there, sleep there begging the question of where they go to the bathroom until you see the open sewyer drains.

I don't really how to handle how shocking it all is.

No comments:

Post a Comment