Thursday, October 15, 2009

Partisanship - The Failure of Democracy

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Rape-Nuts
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorRon Paul Interview


Now I'm sure a lot of you have already seen this clip the other but I just really think it is important. Now I'm not taking sides as to Democrat or Republican, but will take the side of good logic and decent morality. This is just disgusting. A girl was raped and these senators are going to stand in opposition to actions that would provide her justice. The party line is not the end all to be all. When I hear them speak listing their reasons for opposition, I am appalled by their total disregard and lack of humanity. Politics needs to be more to these people than just a game with two teams childishly competing. The decisions of these men and women have an actually affect on the lives of millions of individuals, and they need to keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment