Friday, November 27, 2009

The Winter Has Not Been Bad (Knock on Wood)

I don't hate winter or snow or even icy roads. I love snow. I like way it falls and just covers everything in this brilliant white. I like playing in it sledding, snowball fighting, building crap. But there are some times when it just makes it a huge pain in the ass just go anywhere. I not talking about the danger of fishtailing on the ice, that actually can be kind of fun. No it's someday's you just really hate going outside because the freakin' god awful wind just cuts through you. It's harsh and brutal and you have to 10 minutes zip and lacing up with layers on layers of clothes and gloves and boots and you're still cold. You loose your ability to move freely. The whole thing is so damn inconvenient you can't just act on a whim or go outside just for the sake of enjoying what's out there. You're trapped in your home. When you do go out, you hunch your shoulders over, tuck your chin in and just bitterly march to where you have to go. There is no meandering or stopping to look at something that may have caught your eye. You just do what you have to and you do it really pissed off.

But that hasn't happened so far. We're coming on December in a week or so and I can walk around in a t-shirt and shorts. I would like it if snowed. I really hate a christmas without snow. As I said it's the wind that pisses me off. I suppose I should have gotten used to it in Kansas, but I just can't stand it. It shoves it in your face like its taughting you. Snow however, even a really cold snow, is not a problem. Hell, it's exhilarating feeling that cold; there's a freshness to the air like a mint gum. Perhaps I'm being a little too demanding of mother nature, but they have been plenty of those perfect days in the past. It can't be too unreasonable to expect again.

No comments:

Post a Comment