Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Movie: Robin Hood



Now my personal, favorite version has always been the Disney cartoon one where Hood's a fox, although Mel Brooks's Men in Tights is pretty up there too. But THIS! I mean this is another freakin' awesome Ridely Scott/Russell Crowe dynamic collaboration. Those two together just cannot go wrong (except for A Good Year maybe, that was just sappy, bullshitty, crap).

This new Robin Hood is just so raw and badass. All the other ones had this fairy-tale, renaissance fair thing going on. It's not bad. There is certainly a place for it. This approach, though, is just so much more ... harsch. I don't want to say "real", because it does have that high budget hollywood feel to it (not as bad as 300 but still there). It kind of reminds me of King Arthur in 2004, but I have a feeling the action is going to be even more intense here.

No comments:

Post a Comment