Saturday, December 11, 2010

Snow

So all unholy, arctic-tundra hell decided to descend upon Des Moines today, and I am not leaving this warm room of my for ANYTHING ... except for like finals or something kind of important.

Seriously though, everyone I see walking around out there is having to walk backwards into the wind. I knew we weren't going to make it through December in Des Moines with out snow, but it is just piling it on out there.

I'm going to tell you, when I was little and lived in Kansas, I loved snow; thought it was the most amazing thing in the world. You could build stuff out of it, chuck it at people, slide down a hill really fast on it, and sometimes it would even help you to get out of school. But up here, this is like a horse of a totally different color. This stuff is rough, frigid, icy evil. Of course all of the Minnesota kids think I'm being a pansy, but it is really, really cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment