Saturday, January 29, 2011

Just Started CrossFit

I did it. I went and drank the KoolAide.

For those of you who don't follow this regularly (basically everyone but my mom), CrossFit is a workout program - hell, it's more of a workout religion if anything - wherein you work to build applicable strength. By that I mean you perform exercises that strengthen your muscles in a manner that would be translatable into everyday movement. Think about it this way: you get in a fight; what are you going to do, benchpress the guy?

Today we did a workout called "Fran," and it KICKED my ASS; dear gawd. You're timed and you have to do a set of 21 squat-thrusts then run over and do 21 pullups, then sets of 15, then sets of 9. I got 5:48, which I'm told is a good time. But not to get down on myself, only to keep things in perspective, they had me do 60lbs for the squat-thrust. The whole thing's about measured improvement, so coming soon I'll be able to say that time or lower with a more respectable weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment