Friday, June 12, 2009

Back in the US

I am so glad to be back. Africa was really beautiful and there will be things I miss but you just can't beat being able to turn on a faucet and feeling safe to drink the water.

I got to tell traveling for that long will really take it out of you. We were in transit for about 27 hours. And the thing is when your traveling through air your in this kind of fluid limbo. You know while in the terminal or plane your literally separated from the rest of the world by a intense security divide. Say like with us you have a layover in Amsterdam, you in Amsterdam but you've never really been to Amsterdam. Then with all the changes of time zones time becomes complete relative and almost nonexistent, so sleep becomes a difficult issue.

I am really happy to be back though. Came back and Nanny (my grandma) had all the family come to her house for a real Kansas meal. Briscut, fried chicken, fresh fruits. Aww so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment