Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Drake Visit

Finally got a chance to get back to Drake to see everyone and man it was freakin' awesome. The place I stayed at called "The Carter" isn't in the best of condition. Hahaha that's an unstatement (the occasionally dose of asbestos can't be that bad though), but no what made it great was that all my best buds were there.






It was just excellant. Plenty of partying and seeing everyone. We ah didn't do a whole lot during the day except I finally got to see some of the movies I wanted to see, Hangover and Public Enemies.

Hangover was just unbelievably funny. I don't think I could ever dream of ever liven up to all that happened there but I would die a happy man if I woke up with a tiger in the bathroom (the baby I could do without).

Public Enemies also great. Alot of the other people who saw it kind of felt that there was more focus on love story than the shoot-'em-up action they expected. Which has some validity. There is a healthy presense of the love story between Dillinger and Billy Frechette but it's not cheesy and kind of beautiful, so it didn't bother me too much. Beside it is not as though there is any lacking with the action. It may have been the theater's sound system but the gun fire (which there is a lot of) just rattles right through you as though you were during the shooting.

Plus it's a great movie for fans of criminal history. This takes place at the peak of crime, when those boys had the cops out-gunned and out-driven with the invention of the V-8 enginee. The bank didn't have fancy alarm systems so you had a good 4-5 minutes to run through the bank before the first police car showed up on the scene. You also get to see a young J. Edgar Hoover and the birth of the FBI. You thought the crap they pulled at GITMO was bad, just wait to see what they got away with before the idea of government transparency was even thought of.

No comments:

Post a Comment