Monday, July 27, 2009

Weird Little Thing

So I'm sitting in Cold Stone wondering why I paid so much for something that's giving me brain freeze, and I open this letter from AARP and inside are one of those cards of theirs and a letter telling me how I've qualified for membership. I'm 19 years old. How do I get a membership with the American Association of Retired Persons. Furthermore they got my name wrong. The card is for a "MR QUINT HALL." Now I'm sure most of you don't know this but that ain't my real name. My legal name is James Martin Hall V. Makes me sound fancy and regal but really my families just not that creative when it comes to the name department. We were out hunting one Thanksgiving and I swear there were 4 James, 3 Johns, 2 Kellys and a Wyatt. The nickname "Quint" is due to the fact that all five of those James Martin Hall's have all lived in the same town in the middle of Kansas. You end up running out of nicknames to avoid confusion. So my mother being the very clever woman she is nicknamed me Quint which is Latin for 5 as quintuplets.

Any way I'm pretty tempted about the offer. I get a bunch benefits and special discounts and the idea of retirement does sound nice. I'm just not sure I'm ready to accept myself as such an old fart.

No comments:

Post a Comment