Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Car + Tree Limb

So two prefaces before I begin.

First, like 6 days ago I get a new car. A white Nissan Sentra 2007. Absolutely excellant handle and sooo fast. The pickup is just amazing. Now we kept my black truck also because its been a great deal of help to Dad in hauling wood and the mower and other things around, so the drive is filled up with the pickup and my brother's car on the side and Dad and Mom's car in the garage. So I park across the street in the neighbor's driveway because their selling the house and don't live there.

Second the other morning we had this massive thunderstorm. I mean it came down HARD. I was lifeguarding at the pool and no kids were there but once the lightning started off in the distance I sent the other guards home while I closed up the pool. Five minutes later it starts pouring sheets of rain and the wind is just blowing like crazy. I had driven the truck that day because I had load a tube in the back to go tubing down the river after work with some friends (obviously that didn't pan out). So I've finished everything and I run to pickup and by the time I get there I am soaked, I am completely drenched. It is like I had just jumped in the water. The drive home was interesting. Like rafting down a river. Christ there was so much water in the street.

Anyway the meat of the story. My mom, bless her, thought it would be best to move the Nissan to our side of the street. Unfortantely she park it near a tree that had a giant limb (it stretched across the length of our driveway) that fell week to wind. It comes down on the back of the Nissan and slides off but still leaves like 5 dents, cracks the left tail light, and chips the paints in a couple spots. So as a result its a toss up (really all on the parts guy) on whether I'll be getting back to Drake Sunday or Tuesday. I'm just a little pissed about being set back. I kind of be willing to go up fixed car or not. I mean doesn't look that bad. Whatever here's hoping everything goes right.

No comments:

Post a Comment