Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Made it Back ... But Got a Ticket

Advertising got all finished up, so I hopped in the car and went off. Its a pretty long drive down to KC and then all the way over to Salina. Now, I generally like to make good time and tend to let's say test the limits of the, uh, speed limits. Often I'm pretty good at noticing the fine folks in blue as they are carrying out their duties, but it just gets so damn dark 'round this time of year. He was following behind for probabally about three miles. I actually remember seeing these headlights in my rear mirror and thinking this guy was a complete jackass for tailgating me so closely.

Then to top it off I make the naive, dumbass mistake of pulling off onto the left shoulder. It was a three lane road with a bunch off traffic in both lanes to my right and I didn't realize it was that big of deal. Apparent it is very big deal. He was pretty pissed. I guess that that is supposed to be the most dangerous place on the highway to be, second only probabally stopping in the middle of the road or something.

I tell you what that will take the wind out of your sail real quick. I didn't even want to keep driving. You just get real paranoid and drop to granny speeds. O well, such is the life. Couldn't really expect to be getting away with that forever.

2 comments: